Saturday, July 02, 2005

Live 8

Today Live 8 concerts are happening all over the world in a huge push to get the G8 leaders to commit to fair trade, increase aid and cancel debt in a bid to ‘Make Poverty History’. I am in awe that 8 men have the power to change literally millions of lives during meetings July 6-8th. That pushes me into action. I sign a petition, make my voice heard. E-mail the President and print out prayer points for my small group. My heart aches and I beg God to act. The need is so great that I feel my small part will not and does not make a difference. But then again, maybe it does. Mother Theresa says, “If you can’t feed 100 people. Feed one.” God’s word further admonishes us in Proverbs and Micah. Proverbs 31:8-9 says “Speak up for those who have no voice. Speak up, judge righteously, and defend the cause of the oppressed and needy.” Micah 6:8 says, “He has told you men what is good and what is it the Lord requires of you: Only to act justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” I am convicted by the Spirit to speak for those who have no voice and to love mercy. I am encouraged by those like Mother Theresa to act on what I am able to do and not to become overwhelmed by the need.

Lord show me how to act justly. Teach me how to love mercy, to walk humbly.

Anisha

For info on the G8 summit and what you can do to add your voice visit:
www.worldvision.org

No comments: