Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gone


She’s gone.  The other girls don’t know why she was moved. “She didn’t do bad stuff. She’s a virgin. She’s a good girl.” the girls told me.  It makes me so angry. Angry? Maybe that’s not the complete word – sad, frustrated, helpless, discouraged. The decision to move her seems so very unfair. She didn’t want to go and just last week was given permission to stay until she ages out. 

Spending time at the children’s home is the highlight of my week. Over the last couple months we’ve made new friends and are amazed at how responsive many of the kids are. Most are teenagers and although I expected a “too cool” attitude they have instead greeted us with wide open hearts.

Don’t get me wrong - I know that these teens have challenges and I certainly don’t believe that love is blind. Love doesn’t deny rough edges exist. Love sees all the bad and chooses to look past it to the spirit inside. Isn’t this what God does for me? 

I don’t know what challenges my friend had that caused her to be moved so abruptly. I do know that she has a vibrant and kind spirit. She helps strangers and has plans for her future. She is precious and good and I hope her new home sees that in her.

But God shows His own love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8      

No comments: